Saturday, July 17, 2010

Belly Baby Update

So it's been 2 weeks since my 30 week ultrasound and 1 week since my OB's determination as to whether I stay on bed rest or not. Sorry for not updating but I had family in town. Lots of family. I haven't been that busy in 5 months!

Let's start with our ultrasound. The ultrasound revealed that the Placenta Previa had corrected itself and is no longer an issue! YEAH! It also revealed that little Belly Baby is a line backer! Apparently I am TOO good at bed rest. An average 30 week baby weighs in at roughly 3lbs. My super baby was weighing in at 4lbs 4oz! He is also measuring in the 95% for height, weight, and head. So the Perinatologist was concerned that I had Gestational Diabetes. Why not. Nothing surprises me at this point. Luckily I had just done my glucose testing that morning. The next day the results were in and I do not have Gestational Diabetes! I just make giant babies! My hubby was so relieved that the Previa was resolved and asked me if I was relieved. My answer? "NO! Now I have to figure out how to push that giant head out of me!"

So for the first time this entire pregnancy both baby and I are healthy! I don't even know what to do with that! So with this good news under our belts we headed to the OB the following week. He reviewed the report from the Perinatologist and decided to release me from full bed rest to modified bed rest. This means that I can leave the house! JOY! But I am still restricted. No long term walking, heavy lifting, work, and I still have to stay resting most of the time. Due to all the issues we've had with this pregnancy, we all want to play it safe.

This was so exciting at first! But then I learned that readjusting to the "outside world" is not as easy as it seemed. Stimulation, even in small doses, overwhelms me. Short trips anywhere exhaust me. And after a week with family visiting doubled with my baby shower, I was left with 2 days of contractions as my body doesn't know how to carry this baby. My body is used to being in a resting state and having to hold the baby in an upright position is just too much still. So we will rest as much as possible for the next 4-8 weeks. Once I am 36 weeks I am free to do anything and just let the baby come. Both my other boys were born healthy in their 37th week and with this one growing and gaining at an overly healthy rate, 36 weeks should be safe!

It seems weird to me that this crazy life changing/ life challenging journey is almost over. Just a few more weeks until we meet our Belly Baby! Last night I had my first good dream about the baby. My dreams about him until now were riddled with anxiety and scenes of early delivery and loss. But last night I dreamt that he was home with me, my husband and our other 2 boys. We were all snuggled into bed and cuddling. I dreamed of kissing his head while he slept in my arms. It's almost like my subconscious can finally allow the reality of him being here to set in. It's strange to start planning for baby just 4 weeks before his potential arrival. It's something we couldn't allow until now. But now that it's here and we can exhale, I am so excited! I can't wait to meet my little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment