Friday, July 2, 2010

Peanut Butter Pizza







One of my very favorite resteraunts in when I lived in the Bay Area was a place on Lakeshore Avenue in Oakland called Spettro. They served an eclectic menu and atmosphere. They served wine while you waited for a seat (and there was always a line!) and the room was decorated in skulls, white Christmas lights, and intriguing artwork. They served a variety of pizzas as well as semi formal fare such as pomegranite marinated whole hens and a Boo Berry salad that boasted berries, greens, feta, and candied walnuts. But my go to dish was usually the Peanut Butter Pizza. So when I moved to Washington 12 years ago, I began going through withdrawls. I set off on the task of learning to make the pizza myself. It's an odd mix of salty/sweet, chewy/crunchy. Getting people to try it usually takes some coaxing but once they try it they are hooked! So I thought I'd share mt recipe with the world. I am not sure if it is the exact way that they do it at Spettro but it has worked for me for the past 12 years. Enjoy!


Ingredients:

Boboli Pizza Crust
Crunchy peanut butter (about 1 cup)
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup shredded parmesean
1 tomatoe
1/3 cup chopped bacon


1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2) Spread peanut butter over crust as you would sauce, should this be any ordinary pie- but it's not! Feel free to add more or less peanut butter if you like.
3) Mix chesses together and spread 1cup of the cheese mixture over peanut butter.
4) Spread tomatoes and bacon over pizza
5) Distribute the remaining cheese over pizza. Oh. It's gonna be good.
6) Bake on cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is cooked and slightly browned.
I would ove it if you left comments after trying the recipe! Let me know if you enjoyed it as much as I do!






1 comment:

  1. Yep, you got it. Try canadian bacon and pjneapple with peanut butter = Heaven

    ReplyDelete