As we all know, I am the undisputed Queen of my castle. I am married to a man and have 3 sons. There is no wondering where my favorite sweater or my make up went, no fighting for bathroom counter space, no talks about tampons vs. pads, no syncing of menstral cycles, and no eye rolling and huffing to accompany a flip of the hair and a "Whatever mom". Yes. Raising boys can be bliss!
Then there are the other things. The things you DO have to live with and learn to accept (or fight forever against)when all of the other people in your house have penises.
1) You will be the ONLY person in the house who knows how to change a roll of toilette paper. Regardless of the reminders.
2) Your sink will be hairy. Always hairy. Little tiny hairs....
3) There will always be a rediculously hungry child standing & staring at the fridge complaining that there's nothing to eat.
4) The base of your toilette will always be yellow. Regarldess of the age of your boys.
5) You will always need a band aide and will never be able to find one.
6) You will forever be subjected to stepping on Leggo pieces, Hot Wheels, and Bionicles.
7) The recycleables will never make their way into the recycle bin. Even though the bin is right next to the counter where the recycleables are left.
8) There will always be a mysterious smell.
9) Underwear will be considered suitable house attire.
10) Burps and farts will...be...funny. Period. At any age. Forever.
11)From an early age and until the day they die, your boys will be fascinated with their penises.
**Just can't add a picture for this one. Sorry folks!**
12) Bed Time = Wrestlemania time.
13) You will need the highest amount of home owners/renters insurance available.
14) You know that thing where regardless of how many times you say it, it's not a good idea until your husband thinks he thought of it? Yeah. Well, it applies to teen boys too.
15) Teaching your boys to do laundry WILL coincide with puberty. Ick.
16) "Are you freaking kidding me?!" will become a part of your regular vocabulary.
17) From birth to age..who are we kidding- forever, your boys' nails will look like they're sporting black tip french manicures.
18) The word "no" is kinda a dare.
19) You will become a diaper quick changer.
20) You will be loved like the Queen you are!