Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cussy McCusserton


I’ve struggled with a dirty mouth my whole life. I blame it on my higher than usual testosterone levels for a girl and my brief affair with a sailor (true story). Since becoming a mom I REALLY try to hold my tongue and be a good girl. But it doesn’t always work. When I lose my temper it just feels good to drop an F bomb or two. Hell. I wrote a whole blog about that dirty little pleasure! I also tend to have a dirty mouth when I’m in pain. If I hurt in any way I’ll cuss. That’s how my loved ones know that I’m in pain. Ironically when the pain gets really bad, I switch to “Stupid” and I pout.


So anyhoo, this past year, since we got hit by the drunk driver last October, I have been dealing with lots of pain. My back, my neck, headaches, and nerve damage to my right arm. Sometimes it’s “stupid” bad and sometimes it’s just “F-bomb” bad. I’ve done massage, physical therapy, chiropractic, pain killers, and cortisone steroid injections to ease the pain. We’re making progress but there’s always some level of pain each day.





Then in Mid-July I was blessed to have rejoined my prior employer and become employed again after 17 months of unemployment! Being that almost 7 months of that was spent on bed rest and 9 months of it had been spent dealing with my injuries from the accident, it’s been a hard adjustment to go back to work. I’m trying to adjust from going from extremely minimal activity & stimulation to 100 MPH each day! I’m exhausted!

The exhaustion paired with the pain has turned me into a Cussy McCusserton! I need to be stopped! Those of you who have followed my blog from the beginning may have noticed a few more cuss words than usual as of late. Oopsie! My bad! I’m really trying to stop!

You know it’s bad when your son- your TEENAGE son- tries to start a cuss jar. My response to that? I’m not fucking paying you when I cuss! Oopsie again! Point taken.






So I’m really trying my dear followers. I’ve never been much of a lady per se. More of a chick. I doubt my dirty mouth will ever be fully clean (Clean it up with Orbit?!) but I need to exercise that whole “there’s a time and a place” thing my mom taught me. Shit. This is gonna be hard.



2 comments:

  1. My personal philosophy is that swearing is good. Like dessert. If you have dessert all of the time, though, it becomes not-special. Same with swearing.

    This doesn't change anything for me . . . except that, like I really, really try to be ultra-aware of when I'm eating something sweet, I try to be ultra-aware of when I swear. As long as I know I'm doing it, it's ok, because I can tell myself that I can "turn it off" if I need to. Whether or not I can actually stop swearing is up for debate, but if I think I always know when I'm swearing, I can tell myself that I don't need to swear. Does that make sense?

    And are those your boobs in X-Ray?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sucks about the pain from the car accident. My mom recently had to get those cortisone steroid injections for slipped disks & they're only somewhat helping, hopefully they're helping you a lot more.

    I curse ALL the time. Honestly I think my blog is more for cursing than it is writing haha. I dont mind it but you're right, maybe I should tone it down a bit. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete